Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
a. You acknowledge and agree that:
• you shall promptly notify us of any change to your contact and payment information;
• we will provide notice to you of any changes to services, fees, or other updates by emailing the email addresses provided by you. It is your responsibility to read such emails and to ensure your Members are aware of any changes, even if we notify such Members directly;
• all of your Members are at least 18 years of age;
• you shall be solely and fully responsible for ensuring that no alcohol is consumed by any of your Members or guests who is younger than the legal age for consuming alcohol in the applicable jurisdiction;
• you will provide us with reasonable notice of and complete all required paperwork prior to hosting any event at the Premises;
• you and your Members’ computers, tablets, mobile devices and other electronic equipment must be (i) kept up-to-date with the latest software updates provided by the software vendor and (ii) kept clean of any malware, viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans, or anything that is designed to perform malicious, hostile and/or intrusive operations. We reserve the right to remove any device from our networks that poses a threat to our networks or users until the threat is remediated; and
b. No Member will:
• perform any activity or cause or permit anything that is reasonably likely to be disruptive or dangerous to us or any other Member Companies, or our or their employees, guests or property;
• use the Services, the Premises or the Office Space to conduct or pursue any illegal or offensive activities or comport themselves to the community in a similar manner;
• misrepresent himself or herself to The Fish Tank community, either in person or on The Fish Tank Member Network;
• take, copy or use any information or intellectual property belonging to other Member Companies or their Members or guests, including without limitation any confidential or proprietary information, personal names, likenesses, voices, business names, trademarks, service marks, logos, trade dress, other identifiers or other intellectual property, or modified or altered versions of the same, and this provision will survive termination of this Agreement;
• use our mail and deliveries services for fraudulent or unlawful purposes, and we shall not be liable for any such use;
• allow any guest(s) to enter the building without registering such guest(s) and performing any additional required steps according to our policies; or
• bring any weapons of any kind, or any other offensive, dangerous, inflammable or explosive materials into the Office Space or the Premises.
You are responsible for ensuring your Members comply with all House Rules.
2. ADDITIONAL AGREEMENTS
a. Information Technology. A Member may request that we troubleshoot problems a Member may have with respect to printing, accessing the network connection or other issues. If we provide such services, we will not be responsible for any damage to your equipment.
b. Waiver of Claims. To the extent permitted by law, you, on your own behalf and on behalf of your Members, employees, agents, guests and invitees, waive any and all claims and rights against us and our landlords at the Premises and our affiliates, parents, and successors and each of our and their employees, assignees, officers, agents and directors (collectively, “The Fish Tank Parties”) resulting from injury or damage to, or destruction, theft, or loss of, any property, person or pet.
c. Limitation of Liability. To the extent permitted by law, the aggregate monetary liability of any of The Fish Tank Parties to you or your Members, employees, agents, guests or invitees for any reason and for all causes of action, will not exceed the total Membership Fees paid by you to us under this Agreement in the three (3) months prior to the claim arising. None of The Fish Tank Parties will be liable under any cause of action, for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, reliance or punitive damages, including loss of profits or business interruption. You acknowledge and agree that you may not commence any action or proceeding against any of The Fish Tank Parties, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, unless the action, suit, or proceeding is commenced within one (1) year of the cause of action’s accrual. Notwithstanding anything contained in this Agreement to the contrary, you acknowledge and agree that you shall not commence any action or proceeding against any of The Fish Tank Parties other than The Fish Tank Party you are directly contracting with hereunder and the assets of such person for any amounts due or for the performance of any obligations in connection with this Agreement.
d. Indemnification. You will indemnify The Fish Tank Parties from and against any and all claims, including third party claims, liabilities, and expenses including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any breach of this Agreement by you or your Members or your or their guests, invitees or pets or any of your or their actions or omissions. You are responsible for the actions of and all damages caused by all persons and pets that you, your Members or your or their guests invite to enter any of the Premises. None of The Fish Tank Parties shall be liable for any settlement made without its prior written consent.
e. Insurance. You are responsible for maintaining, at your own expense and at all times during the Term and for a period of two (2) years after, personal property insurance and commercial general liability insurance covering you and your Members for property loss and damage, injury to your Members and your Members’ guests or pets and prevention of or denial of use of or access to, all or part of the Premises, in form and amount appropriate to your business. You shall provide proof of insurance upon our request.
f. Pets. If any Member plans on regularly bringing a pet into the Office Space or otherwise into the Premises, we may require this Member to produce proof of vaccination for such pet and evidence of compliance with applicable local regulations. If any of your Members brings a pet into the Premises, you will be responsible for any injury or damage caused by this pet to other members or guests or other occupants of the Premises or to the property of (i) The Fish Tank or any employees, members or guests or (ii) the owner(s) or other occupants of the Premises. None of The Fish Tank Parties will be responsible for any injury to such pets. We reserve the right to restrict any Member’s right to bring a pet into the Premises in our sole discretion.
g. Other Members. We do not control and are not responsible for the actions of other Member Companies, Members, or any other third parties. If a dispute arises between Member Companies, members or their invitees or guests, we shall have no responsibility or obligation to participate, mediate or indemnify any party.
a. Nature of the Agreement; Relationship of the Parties. Your agreement with us is the commercial equivalent of an agreement for accommodation in a hotel. The whole of the Office Space remains our property and in our possession and control. We are giving you the right to share with us the use of the Office Space so that we can provide the Services to you. Notwithstanding anything in this Agreement to the contrary, you and we agree that our relationship is not that of landlord-tenant or lessor-lessee and this Agreement in no way shall be construed as to grant you or any Member any title, easement, lien, possession or related rights in our business, the Premises, the Office Space or anything contained in or on the Premises or Office Space. This Agreement creates no tenancy interest, leasehold estate, or other real property interest. The parties hereto shall each be independent contractors in the performance of their obligations under this Agreement, and this Agreement shall not be deemed to create a ﬁduciary or agency relationship, or partnership or joint venture, for any purpose. Neither party will in any way misrepresent our relationship.